You can translate the question and the replies:

Keep Alive setting in ODBC connection string

I'm connecting to denodo from Azure Data Factory with ODBC, but I'm having trouble when the query takes more than 5 minutes. Apparently due to lack of activity the connection is shut down. I was able to make it work applying the keep alive setting with a DSN configuration, but it needs to be done for every VDB that needs to be accessed. Is there a way to configure the TCP keep alive setting through the connection string? Thanks in advance!
user
16-12-2022 14:27:21 -0500
code

3 Answers

Hi, As per my understanding, you’re trying to see if you can configure the TCP Keep Alive idle time and interval settings in a DSN-less connection string. According to this documentation about [Creating a DSN-less Connection](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/developer/access_through_odbc/creating_a_dsn_less_connection/creating_a_dsn_less_connection), there’s no parameter option yet to set the TCP Keep Alive setting through ODBC connection string. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
19-12-2022 20:43:54 -0500
code
I was suspecting that, good to have the confirmation. I'll have to go for a DSN configuration per domain then. Thanks a lot!
user
20-12-2022 07:27:12 -0500
Hi, I would like to add that it is indeed possible to use the tcp keepalive parameters from a DSN-less connection string. The parameter names are the following: ``` ;KeepaliveTime=60;KeepaliveInterval=5 ``` Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
23-02-2023 07:20:41 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here