If I want to connect ElasticSearch 8.5 ,then I would create a [JDBC data source](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/jdbc_sources/jdbc_sources#importing-jdbc-sources), by performing the below steps in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool or Web Design Studio:
* Download the 8.5 JDBC driver from [**Elastic**](https://www.elastic.co/downloads/jdbc-client)
* Navigate to File>[**Extension management**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/importing_extensions/importing_extensions#importing-extensions)>libraries and choose type as JDBC Drivers.
* Next, click on the import button and add the Resource type as **jdbc_other** and click ‘ok’.
* Create a new JDBC data source by navigating to **new>Data Source>JDBC**.
* Provide a name and choose the latest Elasticsearch-6.7 JDBC adapter.
* Choose the **Driver class path** from the drop-down as “Other driver JDBC driver”
* Provide the Driver class as org.elasticsearch.xpack.sql.jdbc.EsDriver and make sure that the driver class is correct.
* Specify the **Database URI** as jdbc:es://<host>:<port> and provide the credentials.
* Once done perform the Test connection to verify the connectivity to Data Source.
Hope this Helps!