You can translate the question and the replies:

CAST function cannot be delegated

Hi, I am using Denodo to connect to Hana calcViews. In my view, I need to convert a date into a text, which I do by the CAST function. However, at runtime I get the error: The CAST function with the SQL type="'VARCHAR" cannot be delegated to the database "hdb" !? Changing to type 'TEXT' results the same. Any idea what goes wrong or can be done?
user
28-12-2022 03:59:18 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, If I face this issue then I would check whether the cast function is available in the delegated Scalar functions list. To check I would follow the below steps: * From the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool, open the datasource and navigate to the '**Source Configuration**' tab. * Then, scroll down to the ‘Delegated Scalar functions list’ option, and select the ‘Custom’ radio button. * And check if the list has the **CAST** function. If not, add the function CAST to the list and click ‘Save’. If the issue still persists and you have a valid Support user account, then please raise a Support case at the [**Denodo Support Site**](https://support.denodo.com/) so that our Support Team will help you further. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
28-12-2022 08:21:28 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here