I followed the below steps and I was able to achieve the final results which contains a new view with only 2 columns namely date and exchange rate,
* Created a base view with the relative URL accordingly.
* Then, created a derived view with only the observations columns.
* Next, created a flattened view over the derived view and selected the **observations** column to be flattened. After this, I have a column named **date** and another column with the [register](https://community.denodo.com/tutorials/browse/basics/3adv2flatten#:~:text=complex%20data%20types%3A-,Registers,-or%20Records%3A%20a) data type.
* Followed by this, I created a **selection view** over the flattened view. Under the Output tab, right click on the exchange rate column(register data type) and then projected it to separate it as two columns. Refer to this [creating flatten views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/creating_flatten_views/creating_flatten_views#:~:text=If%20you%20need%20to%20%E2%80%9Cflatten%E2%80%9D%20the%20fields%20of%20a%20register%20and%20not%20an%20array%2C%20do%20not%20create%20a%20Flatten%20view.%20Instead%2C%20create%20a%20Selection%20view%20and%20in%20the%20%E2%80%9COutput%E2%80%9D%20tab%20of%20the%20view%2C%20right%2Dclick%20on%20the%20register%20and%20click%20Project%20subfields%20of%E2%80%A6) section to know about how to project the registers.
* Upon executing the final view, I was able to get the expected results.
Hope this helps!