You can translate the question and the replies:

java.sql.SQLException: Internal error executing query. No results returned

Hi Denodo Community Team, I try to retrieve table data using denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver-8.0-update-20220815. Connection is established success but getting java.sql.SQLException: Internal error executing query. No results returned. Further, first time it is getting Closed Connection exception and second time run onwards it returns No results error. I use following resource to connect denodo JDBC. Weblogic JNDI Datasource connection URL : dbc:vdb://xxxx:9999/xxxx?idleKeepAlive=true&keepAlive=20 Please assist to resolve this issue. Thanks
user
23-03-2023 21:18:26 -0400
code

7 Answers

Hi, It seems like there’s a connection issue between your Denodo Virtual DataPort Server and your client application Weblogic. The “*No results error*” is usually a secondary error thrown as a result of a primary error like connection issue or credentials issue. I recommend taking note of the primary error first. First, you can go to **Denodo Designer Studio** or **Virtual DataPort Administration Tool**, and try to query the table if it’s returning any result or if it is throwing an exception. This will eliminate the underlying data source and the Denodo server as the issue. Second, if you’re using the JDBC driver for **Denodo 8.0 update 20220815**, check if your Denodo Virtual DataPort server is the same version or higher. It is recommended to use the version of Denodo JDBC driver that is the same as your Denodo server. Lastly, you can change the parameter **connectTimeout**, which by default, waits 120 seconds to establish a connection, to something higher. This can resolve the closed connection issue you’re getting. I recommend checking out this [User Guide](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/developer/access_through_jdbc/parameters_of_the_jdbc_connection_url/parameters_of_the_jdbc_connection_url) about the different JDBC connection parameters to know more. If you have a valid support user, I suggest opening a support ticket for further investigation. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-03-2023 23:46:48 -0400
code
Thanks for the reponse. Will check accordingly.
user
28-03-2023 02:24:29 -0400
Hello Denodo Team, We identified that we are able to access some table columns but not all columns. For a example, TableA can access three columns and when tries to access four columns hit Connectio closed exception from client side and SSLException from server. Further TableB cannot access even single columns. However, when execute above Table A, TableB queries without Weblogic server , it can access without any issues. We are confused, why hit this error for such simple query. Statement stmt = conn.createStatement(); stmt.execute("SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM TableA"); // Three Columns Access. No errors. Success stmt.execute("SELECT col1, col2, col3, col4 FROM TableA"); // Error execute for Four Columns Access. stmt.execute("SELECT * FROM TableA"); // Error execute for All Columns. stmt.execute("SELECT col1 FROM TableB"); // Error Execute for Single Column also Please suggest us the potential root cause for this issue. Thanks
user
14-04-2023 18:25:25 -0400
Hi, Based on your scenarios, it seems to be an access privilege issue. Are you using the same user access when querying with and without Weblogic? If you’re not the administrator of your Denodo Platform, I suggest you contact them and verify if there are any fine-grained privileges setup which restricts your user access from JDBC connection or from Weblogic client interface to all the columns of TableA and if your user access has an execute privilege to TableB. You can check out these documentations regarding [user and access rights](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport) and [fine-grained privileges](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/fine_grain_view_privileges/fine_grain_view_privileges) in Denodo for more details. If you have a valid support user, I highly suggest opening a support ticket which can help you further investigate and debug the issue. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
17-04-2023 19:34:23 -0400
code
Hi Denodo Team, Thanks for your reply, I already can access particular views columns via DBeaver and Local setup Java program as well. This issue occurs only via access Weblogic. In addition, via Weblogic, it works without any issues when the SSL disabled. Based on these facts, do you still suspect due to access priviledges issues ? Thank you
user
17-04-2023 21:30:44 -0400
Hi, Please open a case to further investigate the issue. Thanks.
Denodo Team
18-04-2023 20:19:17 -0400
code
hi Team, Facing similar issue in our environment . Please advise if this issue was resolved by any means.
user
08-08-2023 08:54:01 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here