I tested the import script with only a .properties file and determined that the VQL file is a mandatory input parameter of the import.sh/bat script. You must specify the VQL file name if you also want to import a properties file into the Virtual DataPort server using the import.sh/bat script. You can find more information about the [Import Script](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/administration/cluster_architectures_server_backup/using_the_import_export_scripts_for_backup_and_or_replication/import_script) in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide.
If you are looking to import a properties file into the Solution Manager, then follow these steps:
* Open the environments dialog in Solution Manager
* Navigate to the Virtual DataPort Properties tab
* Click the ‘Import’ button
* Drag and drop a properties file into the ‘Import Properties’ dialog
* You can drag and drop a file from your machine with Virtual DataPort properties. As soon as the upload finishes, a new dialog will appear where you can preview and confirm the new values of the properties.
* Click Save
These steps and further details and explanations may be found in the [Configuring Virtual DataPort Properties](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/solution_manager/administration/environment_configuration/configuring_vdp_properties) document in the Solution Manager Administration Guide.
Additional information can be found in the [Export to a File with Properties](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/exporting_and_importing_the_server_metadata/exporting_and_importing_elements_across_different_environments/export_to_a_file_with_properties#export-to-a-file-with-properties) document in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide.
Hope this helps!