You can translate the question and the replies:

Connect to Denodo Express 8.0 from a SAS client

I have Denodo Express 8.0 installed on a Linux VM in Azure. Please can you advise if it is possible to connect to Denodo Express 8.0 from a SAS client?
user
28-04-2023 11:02:19 -0400
code

7 Answers

Hi, that should be possible via ODBC. To do that you can follow our [tutorial](https://community.denodo.com/tutorials/browse/basics/4connect2odbcclient) on how to connect to Denodo from your Applications using ODBC. You can also use this ODBC interface to connect from any other Application that supports ODBC to Denodo. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-05-2023 06:19:35 -0400
code
Hi, Thanks, I did come accross this before but these instruction are for Windows. Do you have instructions for Linux?
user
02-05-2023 06:28:10 -0400
Hi, We have more detailed instructions on the conficuration of the ODBC driver including how to do that in [linux/unix](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/developer/access_through_odbc/configuration_of_the_odbc_driver_in_linux_and_other_unix/configuration_of_the_odbc_driver_in_linux_and_other_unix) in the section [Access Through ODBC](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/developer/access_through_odbc/access_through_odbc) of our Virtual DataPort Developer Guide. Hope this will help you!
Denodo Team
02-05-2023 06:54:12 -0400
code
Hi, I have connected to Denodo via the host that the client application runs on as well as the SAS client application and can see a list of all available Denodo tables/views. However, I'm unable to see the contents from the tables/views. When I try to select content from tables/views I get the following: ERROR: View 'address' not found Please could you advise? More details below. ``` jumpuser@td-deploy-viya-jump-vm:~$ isql -v Denodo_DSN +---------------------------------------+ | Connected! | | | | sql-statement | | help [tablename] | | quit | | | +---------------------------------------+ SQL> help +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_QUALIFIER | TABLE_OWNER | TABLE_NAME | TABLE_TYPE | REMARKS | +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | admin | excel | property_type | TABLE | | | admin | snowflake | charity | TABLE | | | admin | snowflake | registered_charity_number | TABLE | | | admin | snowflake | charity_j_registered_charity_number | VIEW | | | admin | tutorial | address | TABLE | | | admin | tutorial | client | TABLE | | | admin | tutorial | client_type | TABLE | | | admin | tutorial | personal_data_crm | VIEW | | | admin | tutorial | personal_data_plus_property_type | VIEW | | | admin | tutorial | personal_data_plus_property_type_plus_reg_charity_number | VIEW | | +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ SQLRowCount returns 10 10 rows fetched SQL> SELECT * FROM address [ ]ERROR: View 'address' not found java.sql.SQLException: View 'address' not found; Error while executing the query [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLExecute SQL> ```
user
27-06-2023 10:43:30 -0400
Hi, The error message indicates that the view does not exist in the database you are connected to (admin). In that case the error is expected. To access the view you can include the database identifier before the view name. Example: Change SELECT * FROM address to SELECT * FROM tutorial.address Hope this Helps!
Denodo Team
29-06-2023 09:34:43 -0400
code
Hi, Thanks, that helped. Is there a way to control which table/view names are displayed depending on which database is defined in the odbc.ini? For example, I have have 3 different databases (excel, snowflake, tutorial) contaning 10 tables/views. If I specify tutorial as the database in the odbc.ini, all 10 table/view names are displayed, instead I want the 6 table/view names that are in the tutorial database to be displayed. Please could you advise?
user
30-06-2023 06:49:32 -0400
When setting up the ODBC connection, it is necessary to specify a user through whom you can access the VDP (Virtual DataPort). If you choose to specify a user who only has access to the tutorial database you will only be able to view the six views associated with the tutorial database. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
30-06-2023 08:23:35 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here