I am doing the following steps of the tutorial:
- Create two folders nested under the "1 - first steps" folder you have made, one for data sources called "1 - Data Sources" and another for base views called "2 - Base Views".
- Right-click on the "1 - Data Sources" folder and select "New > Data source > JDBC".
- Name the data source, for example, acme_crm_ds.
- Select "MySQL 5" as Database Adapter.
- Change the Database URI to match your MySQL installation, for example, jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/acme_crm
- Enter the login and password fields: acme_user / acme_user.
- Click on "Test connections".
The result of the test is: Unable to establish connection: Access denied for user 'acme_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
The driver I am using is mysql-connector-java-5.1.23-bin.jar