You can translate the question and the replies:

Problem updating interfaces

Hello, I have updated my derived view with adding a new column. I want to update the dependant interface but under the implementation tab, i am inable to add/drag&drop the new column even though i can see it in the interface. How to deal with this problem? Thank you
user
19-10-2023 05:29:01 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, In general, the interface views are used for providing a final implementation of the intermediate views. In interface views,** the schema of the view will be defined already** in the `Definition tab of the interface view`, so when I try to change the schema (i.e.,add/drop column), the error message related to invalid interface state will be displayed. For instance, if I add a new column to a derived view, this is not propagated to the interface view because that field does not have an implementation expression. In order to deal with this issue, I would **create a new interface view** by adding the necessary columns and their implementation. For further information about interface views, please refer [Interface views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/defining_a_derived_view/defining_an_interface_view/defining_an_interface_view) documentation. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-10-2023 08:38:49 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here