Latest Activity

code

Interpolation Variable - Date function

Hi, I am trying to create a base view with query from DB2 in which I included 2 parameters Begin_date, End_date that are added in where clause to filter Date(confirm_date) column. Example: Select * from Table where Date_column between @Begin_date and ...

Date Conversion Interpolation Variables DB2

code

DB2 TABLE column with data type packed decimal conversion issue

I am connecting to a DB2 database. one particular table contains a column with data type - PACKED DECIMAL. the base view displays junk characters for this column. is there a way to convert the data type of the column on the fly or in the VQL? OR i...

DB2 Packed decimal

code

DB2 for i statistics

Trying to gather statistics for a table in DB2 for i, and Denodo 8 is telling me "It is not possible to gather statistics from the system tables of the data source: Gathering statistics from system tables is not supported for this database". Has anyon...

DB2

code

DB2 enable query acceleration

I have a need to connect to DB2 by enabling query acceleration. I followed the IBM docs https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/enabling-query-acceleration-ibm-db2-analytics-accelerator-odbc-and-jdbc-applications-without-modifying-applications To enable qu...

DB2

code

DB2 - firstdayofmonth with an Analytical function

Database: DB2 I created a view with a date compare in the where clause field1 >= addmonth(firstdayofmonth(current_date()), -2) Then used an analytical function in the same view row_number() OVER ( PARTITION BY field2, field3 ORDER BY field4 DES...

DB2

code

DB2 - WITH UR

Database: DB2 We are having a performance issue with a query and our DBA suggested to use "With UR" clause at the end of the query. At this time, the view in Denodo is built using the UI and I am not able to add this in where clause and I don't see an...

DB2

code

Joining Large Tables

There are 11 views in the join. Out of which, six views have rows in the range of 33 to 84 Million. 2 views in the range of 2 to 4 million and the remaining 3 in the range of 220 to 850K rows. It is all simple joins between tables, but due to the size,...

DB2

code

DB2 on AS400

Connection established to DB2 on AS400 with jt400.jar. Query execution is failing with below error [JDBC ROUTE][ERROR] Received exception with message '(PWS9801) function rejected by user exit rpogram PUSEXTPGM in DPSMLIB The class name to register u...

DB2

code

Query Simplification

Hello, I have a scenario where I need to "Simply a Query" based on selection. For example I have two base views, first one named "bv_first_view" (with field names - id, name, age, address) , second base view named "bv_second_view" (with field names - ...

DB2 Query Simplification