Latest Activity

code

How do I return all the valid data from a union view even if one of the underlying views fails?

Hi, I have a union view made up of 75 other views (I'm unioning 75 views together). Sometimes, one of the southbound databases is offline and the entire union fails when I access it over JDBC. I have noticed that when I run the same query via the VD...

UNION

code

Unions and Dimensional Reporting

For the sake of this question, this example is significantly reduced in scope, so in any response please understand the tables are actually much larger and more dimensions are involved. Consider: Table 1 (Key_A, Key_B, Value_A, Value_B, Value_C) Table...

UNION

code

UNION of Derived Views coming from a single query to the source data

I have a data source where due to it's hierarchical nature that I need to flatten it & output as a list (with hierarchy level no. being just another column) my approach is as follows. Say we have 3 levels of hierarchy, I would set the first view, view_...

VQL UNION

code

Unparseable date in union

Denodo 5.0 release 20141023 - Windows Server 2008R2. I have three views that I am trying to union together. view1 and view2 have 10 fields in it, view3 only has 8 fields. view3 is missing 2 date fields so I created 2 new date fields in view3. The dat...

Error UNION

code

Union View Error of Assert code: 1000 Help

I am using the 5.5 Community Edition. In there I create two new join views that each have two columns (email & touchpoint). Each of those views when executed pull back what is expected. Next I went to create a union view that uses those two previous...

UNION

code

How many CASE statements are allowed in one view?

Hi I have a question regarding the CASE statement and how many can be used in creating a view. I have two views joined in a UNION. I have multiple fields where I have applied the following statement: Case WHEN (view1.field1 is null) THEN view2.fiel...

UNION CASE