Latest Activity

code

VQL query from DataCatalog REST API

Hi, From Virtual Data Port Server with JDBC driver , I can execute the following VQL query to retrieve view information : DESC VIEW <view_name> I would like execute this VQL query from public datacatalog REST API (http://vhost1:9090/denodo-dat...

VQL REST API

code

Finding a folder in GET_VIEWS() with a partial name

Hi all, How do I find a view in a folder based on a partial name of the folder? For example: SELECT name FROM GET_VIEWS WHERE input_database_name = 'database' AND folder='/%derived%' Some of my databases have views stored in say: Derived Views ...

VQL GET_VIEWS

code

dynamically create derived views based on list of multiple base views

Is there a way to take a list of specifc base views (based on say a certain prefix and create a derived view with a similar name (dv versus bv, etc.) I have a list of like twenty base views and looking for way to generate the derived views automatical...

VQL Dynamic Derived views Loops

code

INSERT INTO with SELECT

Hi Team, Could you please confirm the below limitation of VQL syntax. Working - INSERT INTO view2 SELECT col1 FROM view1; Working - INSERT INTO view2 (col1) VALUES ("abc"); Not working - INSERT INTO view2 (col1) SELECT col1 FROM view1; Not working - ...

VQL syntax insert

code

Changing JDBC Connection Password with VQL

Hi, I need help constructing the correct VQL to change the password for a JDBC connection within VDP? I believe it is something like: ALTER DATASOURCE JDBC connectionname ENCRYPT_PASSWORD 'thisisthenewpassword';

vql JDBC Password

code

Compounding a derived view

Hello, I am working on duplicating the behavior of an API, it works pretty good, all the fields are mapped etc. However, the in-place API expose the data after structuring it : { "cat1": { "a":"toto", "b":"titi" }, "cat2" :{ "c":"tata" } } while the d...

VQL REST Webservice Derived views

code

Preserving VQL formatting when using Edit Mode

I generally work in the VQL mode in the Virtual DataPort tool and wish to retain my formatting. I use the "CONTEXT('formatted' = 'yes')" clause regularly, but even with that, I've noticed the formatting gets reverted back to default (including view ali...

VQL formatting

code

Create Base View for Oracle Function that returns Table Type

I am trying to create a base view on a Oracle function that returns data type - TABLE Trying this from the normal flow gives error : "Unsupported type TABLE for Database : Oracle Stored Procedure" How can i create this using a "Create Base View from VQ...

VQL VQL Base view Custom Functions Stored Procedure Oracle

code

Is there a query to get a list of views with EXECUTE permission for current user?

I want to list views accessible by the current logged user. Seems I should use GET_VIEWS(), GET_PERMISSIONS() and GET_EFFECTIVE_PERMISSIONS(), but cannot realize how

VQL predefined stored procs

code

VQL to show all cached sources and when it was last refreshed?

Is there a way to get a result set that has the view, number of rows and the last cache refresh date? I want to make this a data set availbe easily to end-users to see when the cache was last updated. I have scoured the user documentation but do not ...

vql query LASTCACHEREFRESH Cache