To install the Denodo4E plug-in for Eclipse, follow these steps:
- Install the Denodo Platform on your local machine (this plugin depends on libraries not included in the client installation). To obtain a complete installation, you can either install Denodo Express, or request an installer and a license to the Denodo administrator of your organization.
With Denodo Express you will be able to develop and debug any type of custom component except VDP custom wrappers. With Denodo Express you can develop VDP custom wrappers but not debug them.
- Open Eclipse and click the menu Help > Install New Software.
- Click the button Add.
- Click Local…. In this dialog, select the folder - not a file -
<DENODO_HOME>/tools/denodo4e/updateSiteand click Ok. Then, enter a name for the new update site (e.g. “Denodo”) and click OK.
- Select Denodo4E (located under the Denodo Technologies category)
- Select the check box Contact all update sites during install to find required software.
- Click Next. Once Eclipse finishes calculating dependencies, click Finish to begin the installation process.
- Once all the required features are installed, restart Eclipse.
This plug-in has been tested with these versions of Eclipse:
- Eclipse Neon (4.6)
- Eclipse Oxygen (4.7)