Before installing the Denodo Platform, you need to install the following:
An operating system with Java support. The Denodo Platform runs on any of the platforms listed below:
- Windows (32 and 64-bits): Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
- Linux (32 and 64 bits): Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or later, CentOS 6.x and 7.x, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.x and 7.x, Oracle Linux 6.x and 7.x.
Although, the Denodo Platform supports 32-bit operating systems, we strongly recommend using a 64-bit operating system. That is because you will be able to assign more memory to the Denodo Platform servers.
Denodo provides a Denodo Platform installer for several environments: 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows, 32-bit Linux and 64-bit Linux. These installers include the appropriate Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
If you are installing the Denodo Platform in an environment other than these ones, install a Java Runtime Environment version 1.7.
For an updated list of the supported platforms, contact the Denodo Support Team.
Besides these requirements, each module of the Denodo Platform has additional requirements that must be met in order to use some of their components:
- Additional requirements of Virtual DataPort: see section Software Requirements for Virtual DataPort.
- Additional requirements of ITPilot: see section Software Requirements for ITPilot.
- Additional requirements of Aracne: see section Software Requirements for Aracne.
Software Requirements for Virtual DataPort¶
This section lists the additional requirements of Virtual DataPort.
Microsoft Access Sources¶
To extract data from Microsoft Access files, you need to install the Access ODBC drivers. To obtain them, do one of the following:
- Install Microsoft Office in the same machine as the Virtual DataPort Server
- Or, install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable
Virtual DataPort incorporates a cache module that stores local copies of the data retrieved from the data sources, in a JDBC database. This may reduce the impact of repeated queries hitting the data source and speed up data retrieval, especially with certain type of sources.
To be able to cache data, you need to do the following:
- Install an external Database Management Systems (DBMSs).
- Create a schema on this database. Denodo will use it to store the cached data. Although Denodo can use a schema used by other applications, we recommend creating a new one so the objects created by Denodo do not conflict with the ones created by other applications.
- Grant the following privileges to the user account that Denodo will use
to connect to this database:
- Privileges to create and drop tables on this schema.
- Privileges to execute
DELETEstatements on these tables.
Virtual DataPort embeds an Apache Derby database that can be used to store the cache data. However, we strongly advise against using it on a production environment. This database is provided just for demoing and development purposes.
The section Cache Module of the Administration Guide explains how the cache module works and lists the DBMSs that Virtual DataPort can use to store the cached data.
Software Requirements for ITPilot¶
This section lists the additional requirements of ITPilot:
- To use of the automatic Browser Pool, install Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.x or 11.x.
- To extract data from PDF files using the Adobe PDF engine, ITPilot has to run on Windows with Adobe Acrobat Professional 9 or 10.
- To extract data from Microsoft Word files, install Apache OpenOffice 4.0.x or 4.1.x.
- The Verification Server uses a relational database to store information about wrappers execution to allow verifying its correct operation. ITPilot provides an embedded Apache Derby database that can be used for this purpose. An external JDBC database management system can also be used. This feature has been tested with the MySQL Database and the Oracle Database. ITPilot provides a script to create tables for these DB Management Systems (consult the Postinstallation tasks for more details about these scripts).
Software Requirements for Aracne¶
This section lists the additional requirements of Aracne:
- To use Aracne with IECrawler, Aracne has to run on Windows with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.x or 11.x.
The Information Self Service Tool, the Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool and the web administration tools are tested with Chrome 49.x, Internet Explorer 11 and Mozilla Firefox 44.x.
Although they are tested with these versions, they should work properly with any modern desktop web browser.