Test the New Denodo Platform Installation¶
If there is a test plan in place execute it against both versions and check that all tests are successful in both of them and the results are the same.
If there is no test plan in place, prepare a set of tests, covering:
- Queries to one base view of each data source. This ensures that the connection to that data source works. The connection could not work due to a firewall closing the connections from the host where the new Denodo Platform is installed.
- Queries to several business views to check that the results are the expected ones.
- Performance of queries that involve a lot of data.
- Check that all the interfaces work correctly for JDBC, ODBC and Web service clients.
- User authentication and authorization: users can access the server and they can only access the correct resources specified by server permissions.