This section describes different aspects of interest in relation to the optimizing of queries in Virtual DataPort:
- Decreasing the processing time of delimited files: see section Optimizing DF Data Sources.
- Optimizing join operations by selecting the most suitable join method for a view or a query: see section Optimizing Join Operations.
- How the Execution Engine automatically tries to simplify the queries before executing them: see section Automatic Simplification of Queries.
- How the cost-based optimization works and the benefits of enabling it: see section Cost-Based Optimization.
- How the “data movement” optimization can improve the performance of queries that involve a lot of data: see section Data Movement.