Deployment of a Microsoft Web Part¶
The first time you want to deploy a Web Part you have to deploy the
Denodo SharePoint Solution located in
appendix Installing the Denodo Solution for Microsoft SharePoint explains how to do it.
After this, you are ready to deploy the exported Web Parts. To do this, follow these steps:
- Unzip the exported “.zip” file in your SharePoint server and copy the
“.xml” file to:
- Open the “Web Part gallery”, usually located in http://localhost/_catalogs/wp/Forms/AllItems.aspx and load the “webpart” file into the gallery (see Loading the .webpart file into the Web Part gallery).
Now, the Web Part is ready to be added to any page.
As portlets, the Web Parts also have a query form to configure the following parameters (see Web Part search form):
- Query parameters that will be used to filter the contents of the exported view.
- Hide some of the columns of the results table.
- Results table settings: rows per page, height and width of the results table and its cells, and columns whose HTML code will not be escaped (if a cell of a selected column contains HTML, it will not be escaped)