Authentication And Authorization¶
To access the Denodo Information Self-Service Tool connect to http://localhost:9090/information-self-service-tool. You will see the login dialog. Enter your credentials and select the authentication type.
There are two types of authentication:
Local-based authentication. This authentication type is only useful to configure the Virtual DataPort servers that users can connect to using this tool and to customize its user interface.
To use this type of authentication, clear the check box Login with VDP. With this type of authentication you can only use the local user “admin” whose password is “admin” by default.
Once you log in for the first time using this authentication method, we recommend changing the password of the local “admin” user. To do this, click Change password on the top right of the site.
VDP-based authentication (default option). With this option, the tool delegates the authentication of users to Virtual DataPort. Therefore, you have to use the same login and password that you use in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool.
To use this type of authentication, select Login with VDP.
- Select the Virtual DataPort server you want to connect to from the list. Click the icon to see the URI of each server.
- The user must have the “Connect” privilege over the database of the URI.
If Kerberos is configured (see section Kerberos Configuration), you can log in to the server with Kerberos using Single Sign On (SSO). Note there is no support to use Kerberos with user and password.
When you select “Login with VDP”, the Virtual DataPort server checks that the provided credentials are valid and that the user has the privileges granted to connect to the Server. Take the following into account:
- Only the global administrators of the server and the users with the role selfserviceadmin can configure the tool.
- These users have the same navigation options as the local admin user, plus the “Search Configuration” section (see section Search Configuration).
- The other users cannot configure this tool.
- All the users can browse, search and query the data and metadata of the Server.
Once you are logged in, you will see the main window (see the figure below). There are four main parts:
- Header: with the Configuration (see section Search Configuration) and Logout links.
- Left side: with access to Databases (see section Configuration) and Saved Queries (see section Saved Queries).
- Main Working Area.