This section explains how to configure and personalize several aspects of the tool. It covers the following topics:
These parameters are global for all the users of the tool.
You can customize this tool to adapt it to the branding of your company. You can change the following:
- The logo displayed on the top left
- The fonts, foreground and background colors, etc.
You can export/import these settings to/from an XML file.
Export Format Configuration¶
Regarding the exportation of the results of the queries, the administrator can configure:
- The available export formats, among: CSV, HTML, Excel and Tableau. All enabled by default.
- The maximum number of rows using each of the available formats.
- If only the users with the role selfserviceexporter in Virtual DataPort can export the results of the queries using each of the available exporters.
You can configure the parameters of the connections created to execute queries against the Virtual DataPort Servers:
- Query timeout: maximum time (in milliseconds) that the query will wait for the statement to be completed. If not indicated (or the value 0 is received), then it waits until execution is complete (by default 900000).
- Chunk timeout: maximum time (in milliseconds) that the query will wait until it arrives a new chunk of results. Where this time is exceeded, Virtual DataPort returns the results extracted up to that moment. If not specified (or the value 0 is received), Virtual DataPort returns all the results together at the end of the statement run (by default 90000).
- Chunk size: number of results that make up a chunk of results. When Virtual DataPort Tool obtains this number of results, it will return them to the Information Self-Service Tool, even though the Chunk Timeout has not been reached (by default 1000).
Database Connection URIs¶
You can choose whether to show the Connect tab or not for the server’s databases. If you choose to show it, you can customize several parameters:
- Introduction text of the tab: this will be shown in the tab instead of the default introduction.
- URI Patterns: these describe how to access the server’s databases through
JDBC, ODBC, REST and OData. You may use the following variables in the
$database_name. These variables will be replaced by the appropriate values when showing the URIs to the user.