Using the Sequence Debugger¶
Denodo ITPilot offers the user the possibility of debugging a specific Sequence component by using the sequence debugging tool. This tool, accessible in the menu Tools -> Sequence Debugger… or by pressing the button in the Sequence component wizard, lets the user execute a navigation sequence step-by-step. Sequence Debugger shows the tool.
Navigation sequences can be loaded in the debugger using the button. The selection list beside the button allows choosing the sequence to load. The available options are:
- One option for every “Sequence” or “Extractor Sequence” component in the current process. If the option corresponding to a component is chosen, the sequence configured in it will be loaded in the debugger.
- Browser. The last navigation sequence recorded in the browser toolbar will be loaded in the debugger. Recall that the browser should have been launched using the “Browser-> New Browser” menu option.
- File. Allows loading a sequence stored in a file.
If the “Append commands to sequence” check box is ticked the NSEQL commands of the imported sequence will be appended to the current list of commands instead of replacing them.
To execute the wrapper, there exists the option of transferring the currently active browser session, by selecting . This lets users test commands starting from a specific state (e.g. in order to test next interval page accesses).
The use of the debugger is very simple:
- Start the process by pressing the button starts this process. It can be stopped by pressing the button, and it can be resumed also ( button). To restart, press .
- The button performs a complete execution of the commands the current list without stopping.
- In order to execute step-by-step commands, the button must be pressed.
- In case any of the commands use variables, the user must provide the execution values, by pressing the button. If this is not done before starting the execution, the system will request the values as the sequence is being executed. Values for the variables are given using an editor similar to the one shown in Figure Sequence editor with loaded sequence. If the sequence being debugged was imported from a Sequence component, the check boxes for the variables that match a hidden field in the input records of the Sequence component will be checked by default.
- If necessary, new commands may be added to the sequence by double clicking the last row of the commands table, labeled as “Double click here to add commands”. A new dialog will appear with a sequence editor similar to the one found in the Sequence wizard. Type one or more commands in the dialog and click “Save”; they will be added to the debugger.
The debugger window also offers the following options to perform export actions on the sequence:
- The button allows saving the navigation sequence to file, in NSEQL format. This action is useful when the original sequence has been given new commands, or updated ones.
- The button lets users export the updated sequence to a Sequence component of the wrapper.
- lets users export the navigation sequence execution trace to a text file.