Configure Windows Services¶
The installer of the Denodo Platform for Windows creates Windows services for some of its modules: Virtual DataPort server, Scheduler server, etc.
By default, new Windows services are configured to:
- Start manually.
- Run under the predefined “local system user account”.
We recommend configuring the Windows services of Denodo you are going to use to:
Setting the Startup type to Automatic. That way, if the host is restarted, Windows will start the Denodo services automatically.
Changing the account under which the Denodo services run, to be the same account used to launch the Denodo Control Center.
This user account needs full privileges over the folder and subfolders where the Denodo Platform is installed. The reason is that if first, you launch a Denodo server using the Control Center and later, you launch it as a Windows service, the Denodo server may not be able to modify the files created by the Denodo server when it was launched from the Control Center.
To configure a Windows service this way, follow these steps:
- Press the keys Windows logo+R to open the “Run” dialog.
services.mscto open the Window services configuration tool.
- Search for a Denodo service, right-click on it (all of them start with word “Denodo”) and click Properties.
- In the tab General, in the box Startup type, select Automatic.
- Click the Log on tab.
- Select This account, enter the user name of the user that will be used to run the Denodo Control Center and enter its password.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to configure the other Windows services of Denodo.