Before installing the Denodo Platform, verify the following requirements.
The Denodo Platform runs on the following platforms:
- Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
- Linux: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or later, CentOS 6.x and 7.x, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.x and 7.x, Oracle Linux 6.x and 7.x and SUSE Linux Enterprise 12.x.
For an updated list of the supported platforms, contact the Denodo Support Team.
Supported Java Runtime Environments (JRE)¶
The Java Runtime Environments (JRE) supported are:
- Java Runtime Environment version 8 of Oracle (included in the installer of the Denodo Platform for Windows and Linux).
- AdoptOpenJDK version OpenJDK 8 HotSpot. AdoptOpenJDK provides reliable OpenJDK binaries for all platforms.
If you are installing the Denodo Platform on an environment other than Windows or Linux, use a Java Runtime Environment version 8.
The Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool and the web administration tools are tested with Chrome 62.x, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge 41.x and Mozilla Firefox 57.x.
The Data Catalog is tested with Chrome 62.x, Microsoft Edge 41.x and Mozilla Firefox 57.x.
Software Requirements for ITPilot¶
Some features of ITPilot have additional requirements:
- Browser pool: Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.x or 11.x to use the component Browser Pool.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 9 or 10 to extract data from PDF files using the Adobe PDF engine.
- Apache OpenOffice 4.0.x or 4.1.x to extract data from Microsoft Word files.
You only need to satisfy these requirements if you are going to use these components. If not, you can ignore them.