Components and Configuration of Virtual DataPort¶
You can install the following Virtual DataPort modules:
- Administration Tool. The graphical administration tool of Virtual DataPort as well as the classes required to develop applications that query Virtual DataPort.
- Data Catalog. Web tool that lets both technical and business users query, search and browse information and metainformation stored in the Virtual DataPort server.
- Diagnostic and Monitoring Tool. This web tool monitors the current state of one or more Virtual DataPort servers and analyzes its state in the past in order to identify the cause of a problem.
- Virtual DataPort Server. The Server that stores the metadata of objects such as data sources, views, etc., and embeds a Web container and execute the queries.
When you select Custom Installation in the step 2 of the installation wizard, you can configure the following settings of the Virtual DataPort server:
- Server port number: port that the Virtual DataPort server will listen for incoming connections.
- Shutdown port number: port that the Virtual DataPort server will listen for shutdown requests.
- Auxiliary port number: auxiliary port used by the Virtual DataPort server to communicate with its clients.
- ODBC port number: port that the Virtual DataPort server will listen for incoming ODBC requests.
- In Windows operating systems, select Install as a Windows service to install the Virtual DataPort server as a Windows service.
If a firewall software is used to control the traffic between the clients and the server, it must be configured to allow communication using these ports.