Only global administrators and Solution Manager administrators can configure VCS. More information is available in the Authorization section.
The Solution Manager allows you to save a backup of the state of the Denodo servers after a deployment, on a Version Control System (VCS). The backup will be performed both for successful and unsuccessful deployments.
On the one hand, the Solution Manager generates a backup for the Virtual
DataPort servers. It accesses to the first Virtual DataPort server of the
environment, following the order defined in the catalog tree, and executes
DESC VQL DATABASE. This backup consists of the server catalog (views, data
sources, web services, etc.) expressed as a list of VQL sentences.
On the other hand, the Solution Manager generates a backup for the Scheduler servers, using the information of the first Scheduler server of the environment. This backup includes a zip file with the server metadata (tasks, data sources, etc.).
To configure your VCS repository (Version Control System) for backups, click the menu Configuration > VCS Configuration.
Provide the following information:
- Version Control System: The Solution Manager supports GIT and Subversion as VCS for backups.
- URL: Remote location of the VCS repository.
- Use default branch: For Git repositories, you can choose if you want to use the default remote branch or not.
- Branch: Name of the branch to use for the backup, when Use default branch is disabled.
- User/password authentication: Enable this option if your VCS repository requires authentication with user and password.
- User: User name to connect to your VCS repository, when User/password authentication is enabled.
- Password: Password to connect to your VCS repository, when User/password authentication is enabled.
- Local repository home: Folder in the file system of the Solution Manager where the local copy of the remote repository resides. You do not need to change the default value.
Click to save the changes.
Once you set this up, you can configure the environments so the Solution Manager stores a backup on the VCS after deploying a revision to that environment. To enable this on an environment, open its configuration and select Save VCS backup when the deployment finishes.