Remember that only global administrators and Solution Manager administrators can create new environments. More information is available in the Authorization section.
The first step to populate the catalog of the Solution Manager with a model of your infrastructure is to create an environment. To do this, click the root node of the catalog tree and click on the emerging menu.
Provide the following information:
- Name: Name of the environment. This is the only mandatory field of the dialog. You cannot change the name of an environment after creating it.
- Description: Description of the environment.
- License scenario: From the available scenarios of the current license installed in the Solution Manager, which one is assigned to this environment. This parameter will affect the capacities of the servers that belong to the environment. More information is available in the License Management section.
- Recommended update: Minimum update of the Denodo platform, expressed with
yyyymmdd(e.g. 20181231), that will be required to any Virtual DataPort Administration Tool that connects to a Virtual DataPort Server from this environment.
- Recommended update download URL: URL where the recommended update is available to download. In case a Virtual DataPort Administration Tool does not fulfill the minimum update required by the field Recommended update, a message will suggest this URL so the user can download it.
- Recommended update is mandatory in the Administration Tool: When this field is checked, any Virtual DataPort Administration Tool that does not have the recommended update installed will not be able to connect to the server. Otherwise, it will only be notified.