Creating Load Balancing Variables¶
You can see the list of load balancing variables using the Solution Manager Administration Tool. To do so, open the Promotions menu and click Load Balancing Variables.
A new tab opens with the table of load balancing variables.
Initially, this table contains only the predefined load balancing variables. You can create a load balancing variable using the button . A dialog opens and you should provide the following parameters:
- Name: Descriptive name of the load balancing variable.
- Description: Extensive description of the load balancing variable. This field is optional.
- Apply To: Select which element the load balancing variable applies to:
- CLUSTER variables are defined for every cluster. You can use them as parameters of any deployment script.
- SERVER variables are defined for every Virtual DataPort server. You can use them as parameters of those deployment scripts that enable or disable servers in the load balancer.
- Encrypted parameter value: If selected, the value of the load balancing variable will be stored in encrypted format.
You can edit or remove the load balancing variables that are not predefined. To edit a variable, click the button . To remove it, use the button . In addition, you can select several variables using their check boxes and remove them all by clicking the button in the table header.
Finally, you can customize the information that this table shows:
- Configure the number of results to show in each page.
- Configure the columns to display.
- Execute a quick search using the search box located at the right top of the table.