Components and Configuration of Solution Manager¶
You must install the following Solution Manager modules:
- Solution Manager Server. Main component of the Solution Manager.
- License Manager Server. Administrates licenses within the Solution Manager.
- Solution Manager Administration Tool. The graphical administration tool of the Solution Manager and License Manager servers.
When you select Custom Installation in the step 2 of the installation wizard, you can configure the following settings:
For the Solution Manager server:
- Solution Manager port number: port that the Solution Manager server will listen for incoming connections.
- In Windows operating systems, select Install as a Windows service to install the Solution Manager server as a Windows service.
For the License Manager server:
- License Manager port number: port that the License Manager server will listen for incoming connections.
- Metadata DB port number: port used internally by the License Manager server.
- In Windows operating systems, select Install as a Windows service to install the License Manager server as a Windows service.
If a firewall software is used to control the traffic between the clients and the server, it must be configured to allow communication using these ports.