XSLT Transformations of Web Services Created with Previous Versions¶
This section is about the Web services created with previous version of the Denodo Platform.
In an environment with existing SOAP and REST clients, you do not need to modify these clients to work with Virtual DataPort Web services. You can define XSLT stylesheets (XSL Transformations) to transform the incoming requests in order to adapt them to the format that the Denodo Web services expect. You can also define stylesheets to transform the responses of these services, before sending them to the existing clients.
Follow these steps to define XSLT transformations for a Web service:
- Edit a Web service and click on the SOAP tab or the REST tab depending on if you have to transform a SOAP or a REST operation.
- Select the operation that you have to transform in the Operation name drop-down and click on XSLT Transformations.
- Select the Input XSLT Transformation check box and write the stylesheet. This stylesheet will be applied to the incoming requests, to transform them into the format expected by the Virtual DataPort Web service. If this check box is cleared, the input will not be modified.
- Select the Output XSLT Transformation check box and write the stylesheet. This stylesheet will be applied to the responses generated by the Denodo Web service, to transform them into the format expected by the existing SOAP client. If this check box is cleared, the input will not be modified.
- Only for the SOAP operations: if the existing SOAP client sends the
SOAPActionwith its requests and the parameter cannot be changed, select the Incoming SOAPAction check box and write it.
- Click Ok and repeat these steps for each operation of the Web service that you want to transform.
See the appendix Customizing Events and Public Render Parameters of JSR-286 Portlets for more details on how to generate these XSLT stylesheets.