There are two types of statements in VQL:
- DDL (Data Definition Language) statements. They allow creating new data
sources, wrappers, views, etc. The DDL commands are:
CREATE: creates or replaces new base views, views, stored procedures, wrappers, data sources, published web services, users, etc.
DROP: removes elements such as base views, views, stored procedures, wrappers, data sources, published web services, users, etc.
ALTER: modifies specific properties of views such as its internationalization configuration, cache, swapping configuration, etc. It also allows modifying database and user permissions.
DESC: shows the description of data types, views, stored procedures, maps, operators, wrappers, data sources, etc.
- LIST: enumerates the elements of the catalog (data sources, views, etc.)
REVOKE: Allow to establish or revoke user permissions over databases, stored procedures and/or views.
- DML (Data Manipulation Language) statements. They allow querying and
updating data. Virtual DataPort provides the following DML statements:
- SELECT to execute queries and define new views.
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE for inserting, updating and deleting rows from a view, respectively.
ROLLBACKfor beginning, committing and rolling back transactions, respectively. See more information about this in the section Transactions in Virtual DataPort.
CALLto execute Virtual DataPort stored procedures.