Denodo 8.0 Professional for AWS BYOL Quick Start Guide
Starting in May 2022, the Denodo Professional BYOL for AWS Marketplace has been replaced by Denodo Solution Manager BYOL for AWS Marketplace.
Denodo Platform, the data virtualization leader for unifying enterprise data and delivering data services for the business, is available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a bring your own license (BYOL) virtual machine (VM).
The VM image contains an Amazon Linux 2 Server with the latest version of Denodo Solution Manager, optimized for use with the AWS EC2. Once the Denodo Solution Manager is deployed, it allows to create and manage the Denodo Platform environments on AWS.
Thank you for your confidence in Denodo and choosing the Denodo Platform for AWS as your data virtualization technology!
This quick start guide will give you an overview of the Denodo Platform and how to quickly start building data virtualization solutions on AWS.
Denodo Professional BYOL for AWS Usage Instructions
The Denodo Professional BYOL offers the flexibility of instantiating a Denodo deployment under your AWS account. Therefore it is expected that you already have an AWS account that you can use to logon to the AWS Marketplace.
You are responsible for operating your own AWS account. You can create and launch your Denodo Professional BYOL for AWS instance using that AWS Account.
The high level list of steps needed to provision and configuring your Denodo Professional BYOL for AWS is the following:
- Previous Step: Obtain a Denodo Platform License.
- Launch the Denodo Professional BYOL Instance
- Install a Denodo Platform License.
- Start Denodo Platform services.
- Change the administrator password
- Log in the Denodo Solution Manager
- Create your first Denodo Environment
1- Previous Step: Obtain a Denodo Platform License
This is a BYOL offering and requires you to work with Denodo directly to obtain licenses.
If you currently do not hold a license agreement for Denodo Platform, please contact Denodo directly to pursue a license to use the software.
2- Launch the Denodo Professional BYOL Instance
Log on to the AWS Marketplace, search for the Denodo 8.0 Professional BYOL listing, and launch the instance through the EC2 Console.
3- Install a Denodo Platform License
Once you have a Denodo Platform license file, log in as the ec2-user in the Denodo Professional BYOL for AWS instance through SSH Connection.
Copy the Denodo Platform license file to the AWS instance, rename it as denodo.lic, and save it in the /opt/denodo/denodo-solution-manager-8.0/conf directory.
4- Start Denodo Platform Services
Logged in as the ec2-user user through SSH Connection and once a Denodo Platform license is installed you can start enjoying Denodo Platform. Please follow any of the two following approaches.
Denodo Control Center
This option may require you to have an X11 server configured in order to get the desktop user interface of the Denodo Control Center.
Launch the Denodo Control Center located in /opt/denodo/denodo-solution-manager-8.0/bin/denodo_platform.sh and start all the services.
Manually execute the launch script
This option does not require to launch any desktop user tool, just executing in the command line.
Follow these steps:
- Execute /opt/denodo/denodo-solution-manager-8.0/bin/licensemanager_startup.sh
- Wait a couple of minutes until the License Manager has started up
- Execute /opt/denodo/denodo-solution-manager-8.0/bin/solutionmanager_startup.sh
- Execute /opt/denodo/denodo-solution-manager-8.0/bin/solutionmanagerwebtool_startup.sh
5- Change the administrator password
Follow these steps to set the default administrator password:
- Connect to the Solution Manager Administration Tool on this URL:
- Log in with user "admin" and password "admin".
- Once logged in, open the "Configuration" panel and select "User management".
- Select the "Edit" icon next to the user admin.
- In the new dialog, type the new password for the administrator in the "Password" field, repeat it in the "Retype password" field, and click "Save". Remember to use a strong password (long, with a mix of special characters, lowercase and uppercase letters, and numbers) when choosing a new administrator password.
6- Log in the Solution Manager
Once the Denodo license is installed and the service is started you can log in the Denodo Solution Manager webtool.
Check first the list of Supported Browsers for Solution Manager admin tool.
Then use a supported browser to point to the following URL:
7- Create your first Denodo Environment
Once logged in the Denodo Solution Manager you can create Denodo Environments.
You can find more information through the Quick Start Guide with Automatic Cloud Mode.
Further Recommended Steps
Once you are all set to start building your data virtualization solutions on AWS, we recommend that you check out all the available information:
- Denodo tutorials
- How-to videos
- Denodo Test Drives
- Knowledge base
- Product documentation
- Denodo on Cloud Marketplace FAQ
You can always post your question directly on the Q&A section, a moderated forum on our Community Site, where the Denodo Team plus data virtualization professionals and enthusiasts will assist you. Our community is knowledgeable and tenacious and there's no question without a valid answer. Technical resources such as product documentation, Knowledge Base articles, step-by-step tutorials, and how-to videos are also available.
If you want to chat with one of our Cloud specialists, you can send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Cloud advisor meeting request”.