Denodo SSH Custom Wrapper - User Manual
ssh-customwrapper is a Virtual DataPort custom wrapper which uses the secure shell protocol to connect to a remote computer and execute a command.
SSH custom wrapper
Implemented by class com.denodo.connect.ssh.SSHWrapper.
The data source created from the SSHWrapper need the following mandatory parameters:
- Host: Name of the remote machine or its IP address.
- Port: Port number to connect to the remote machine, default is 22.
- User: Username to log into the remote machine.
One optional parameter:
- Connection timeout: Amount of time, in milliseconds, that the wrapper will wait for the SSH command to complete. Configure a value of 0 or leave the box blank to wait indefinitely.
There are also two parameters that are mutually exclusive:
- Password: Password associated with the username.
- Key file: Key file created with PuTTY key file generator.
- Passphrase: Passphrase associated with the key file.
Parameters of the data source
Creating a Base View
Once the custom wrapper has been registered, we will be asked by VDP to create a base view for it.
Base views created from the SSHWrapper need the following parameter:
- Command: Command to run on the remote machine after the connection has been established.
The base views created from the SSHWrapper have the following schema:
- Exit code: The return value of the command. Exit code is used to check the result (success/failure) of the execution of the command. If the exit status is zero, then the command is success.
Not an executable
Command not found
Tip for exit value 127: Make sure that ssh-customwrapper can find the command on the remote server. You may need to add path to the command to PATH environment variable. Also make sure that the startup script that sets PATH is actually executed for non-interactive sessions.
- Execution result: The result of the command execution. Shows the process stdout when the command is successful, otherwise shows the process stderr.
The execution of the wrapper returns the result of the command execution.
For security reasons, the use of root user is not recommended. You can disable remote root login if your system allow it. It is also not recommended to execute any command that may cause inastability in the remote server.