You can translate the document:
Denodo Solution Manager is a tool which can be used to manage Denodo Platform Licenses, manage large Denodo Platform deployments and takes into account requirements of high availability and load balancing.
This article provides a quick start guide for the Solution Manager.
Download the Solution Manager Installer
- Go to https://support.denodo.com/ and log in.
- Click on Downloads > Installers, select your Denodo Platform version and then download the Solution Manager installer:
- denodo-install-solutionmanager-8.0-win64 for Windows x64.
- denodo-install-solutionmanager-8.0-linux64 for Linux x64.
- Click on Downloads > Licenses, select your Denodo Platform version and click on Actions > Get License by email and the License will be sent by email. You can also download the License directly by clicking on Download SOL License.
Video: Downloading the Solution Manager Installer and License
Installing the Solution Manager
- Run the installer file as Administrator.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select the installation type: Default or Custom.
- Set the installation path. Ensure that the installation path does not have empty spaces in it.
- Provide the license file location.
- Select all modules to be installed.
- Review the summary before starting the installation process.
Video: Installing the Solution Manager
Launching Solution Manager
- Open the Denodo Solution Manager Control Center.
- Click on Solution Manager at the top left.
- A list of servers and web tools will be listed.
- Start the following servers:
- Virtual DataPort Server (This is for Denodo 7.0 only)
- License Manager Server.
- Solution Manager Server.
- Solution Manager Administration Tool.
Video: Launching Solution Manager
Creating new Environments
- Click on the Solution Manager Administration Tool from the Denodo Solution Manager Control Center.
- Log in by using the default credentials (admin/admin).
- Click on Environments > New Environment
- Choose Standard Mode
- Click on Create Environment.
- Set a Name for this environment.
- Select the License scenario for this environment.
- Save this new environment.
- Click over the new environment > New Cluster.
- Set a Name for this cluster.
- Save this new cluster.
- Click on the left side of the Environment and the new cluster will be displayed underneath
- Click over the new cluster > New Server.
- Set a Name for this server.
- Select the Type of server. There are different types available: Virtual DataPort, Scheduler, ITPilot Browser Pool, ITPilot Verification or Data Catalog. In this case, add a Virtual DataPort Server.
- Set the Host, Port, Type, User, Password and Default database.
- Save this new server.
Video: Creating new Environments
Connecting to the License Manager from the Denodo Platform
- Open the Denodo Platform Control Center.
- Click on Configure.
- Select Connect to a License Manager under License Configuration.
- Set Host and Port of the License Manager.
- Click on Apply.
- Restart all servers and tools.
- Denodo Platform will connect to the License Manager and validate the license information every time one of the following servers startup:
- Virtual DataPort Server.
- Scheduler Server.
- ITPilot Browser Pool Server.
- ITPilot Verification Server.
- Data Catalog Server (This is for Denodo 8.0 only)
Video: Connecting to the License Manager from the Denodo Platform