OBIEE BI Publisher is used to design and create reports and it allows to access different data sources. This document explains how to connect Denodo as an OBIEE BI Publisher data source using the Denodo JDBC driver.
Note: this article has been tested on an Oracle Linux SO with Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.3, OBIEE 12c and Denodo 8.0, in a different system or installation the paths and URLs could be different. Also, it is necessary to take into account driver compatibility (based on the OBIEE Java version).
In order to add Denodo as OBIEE BI Publisher Data Source the Denodo JDBC driver has to be added to the BI Server library:
- Copy the Denodo JDBC driver located here:
- To the following path:
The jars located in this directory will be picked up and added dynamically to the classpath at the BI Server startup. Remember to restart the BI Server after adding the jar file.
After the driver has been added it will be possible to create connections to the Virtual DataPort Server from the BI Publisher. In order to do so:
- Login into the Oracle BIEE Administration Tool. In a default installation it is accessible through the following URL: http://<hostname>:<port>/analytics .
- Click on Administration button.
- Click on the Manage BI Publisher button.
- Select JDBC Connection. This will display the list of existing JDBC connections.
- Click on the Add Data Source button.
- Enter the following information for the new connection:
- Data Source Name: <name:
- Driver Type: Other
- Database Driver Class: com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver
- Connection String: jdbc:vdb://<hostname>:<port>/<databasename>
- Username: <username>
- Password: <password>
- Once the connection is configured, click on Test Connection. If the test is successful, the confirmation message, "Connection established successfully" will be displayed. If a connection error occurs, the message "Could not establish connection" will be displayed.