In this document we will learn how to integrate SAP Lumira into Virtual DataPort as a JDBC data source.
SAP Lumira is a reporting solution that allows accessing, transforming, and visualizing data. It can read data from multiple sources, visualize it, and then compose stories from those visualizations that can be shared with other tools like SAP Lumira Cloud, SAP Lumira Server, SAP StreamWork, SAP HANA, or SAP BI.
Download SAP Lumira
In this example we will use the free version of SAP Lumira.
Add the VDP JDBC driver
- Go to File > Preferences and select in the left panel “SQL Drivers”.
- In the right panel a list of drivers is loaded. Select “Generic JDBC datasource - JDBC Drivers” and click on the “Install Drivers” button at the top.
- Browse to the denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar file.
Create new charts/visualizations/datasets
- Go to File > New to create a new report.
- The first step is to select the Dataset. In the new dialog select “Query with SQL”.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Select “Generic JDBC datasource” and click on “Next” again.
- Enter the typical connection parameters to VDP:
- User Name / Password
- JDBC URL: jdbc:vdb://<host>:<port>/<database>
- JDBC Class: com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver
- Click on the “Connect” button.
- The dialog will show the list of views of the VDP database:
- When selecting a view, a sample SQL query is created in the right panel.
- After clicking on the “Preview” button an error is shown:
- In order to fix the error, change the query from:
select * from "database_name"."database_name"."view_name"
select * from "database_name"."view_name"
- Click on Preview again.
- Finally, click on Create and to start creating the report:
Compose the report
Now we can create the final reports using the charts created in the previous step. We can add external images, text, etc.
The final step is to publish/share the report. The available options are:
- Export as File (Excel or CSV).
- Publish to SAP HANA.
- Publish to Explorer.
- Publish to SAP Lumira Cloud (you have a 1GB with the free registration).
- Publish to SAP Lumira Server.
- Publish to SAP StreamWork.
- Publish to SAP BI.