In Denodo an interface is a special type of view that consist only of a definition of fields and its data types. The most common usage is
to do a top-down design where you first define the fields and later, you can associate the “implementation” of the interface.
How to create a new interface
You can follow these steps to create an interface view:
- Create a new folder called '2 - data services'.
- Right-click on this new folder and select
"New > Interface" (or press
Ctrl + Alt+ N).
- The Tool will open the “Interface view” dialog. This dialog has three tabs, but in this section you are going to use only the first
one (Definition) to define your final view.
- Change the name of the interface view to: i_client_info.
- Manage the name and type of the fields of the interface. To add a new field to the interface, click on New field button.
In the box beside the name of the field, you can select the type of the field. Try creating the following structure:
- client_id: text
- full_name: text
- client_type: text
- full_address: text
- phone: text
- billing_due_date: date
- balance: decimal
- Finally, you will se a dialog warning about there is not an implementation for this interface. Don't worry you will add it later in this tutorial.
- Press "Ok" twice to create the implementation view.
Go to the next section. There you will learn how to create Data Services using this interface.