The Information Self Service Tool (ISS) is a web application that runs on the web container included in the Denodo Platform.
It is included in the Denodo Platform installation, so you don't have to install any additional components to start using it
This section explains how to launch and access the Information Self Service Tool.
Configuration: Denodo services to start
In order to complete this tutorial, you will need to start, from the Denodo Control Center, the following Denodo servers and tools:
- The Information Self Service Tool.
- Denodo Virtual DataPort Server.
- Denodo Scheduler Server.
- Denodo Scheduler Administration Tool.
- Denodo Aracne Server.
- Denodo Aracne Index/Search Engine.
The global architecture will be:
Once the Virtual DataPort server and the Information Self Service Tool are running, we can launch the web application to access to the Information
Self Service Tool. But we also need:
- To start the Aracne server and the Aracne Index/Search Engine to create and maintain an index of the data exposed by Virtual DataPort.
- Denodo Scheduler will be used to automate the job that will populate the index created by Aracne.
- From the Information Self Service Tool, we can execute queries to Virtual DataPort to get live data or perform searches in the index to discover data.
Now we should have our “outdoorsports” virtual database created in Virtal DataPort Server. The next step is to configure/fill the index which is going to
be used in the Information Self-Service searches.
You have to perform the following steps:
- Open the Denodo Scheduler Administration Tool: http://localhost:9090/webadmin/denodo-scheduler-admin.
- Log in into the web app usign the default credentials:
- Click on
Local authentication, and use the administrator credentials for the Scheduler Server. By default:
- Go to the list of jobs and click on
NEW JOB > ARN.
- Set a job name, for example,
“iss_search_index” and go to the Extraction section.
- Select Crawler type as
GlobalSearch and fill the connection properties like so:
- Go to Exporters Section and configure a ARN-Index exporter to export the crawled contents to the
globalsearch index like so:
- Save the job and launch it from the main page (wait until it finishes).
- Now, go to the Information Self Service Tool (http://localhost:9090/information-self-service-tool/)
and connect to it using the administrator credentials
- First thing we need to do is to allow the users to connect to outdoorsports database using the Information Self Service Tool. To do that, go to
> Server Configuration and click on the
+ symbol to add a new database.
- A new dialog will be shown to configure the database. Do so as follows and click Save:
- We also need to configure the previously created index to search the contents of our business model. Initially, there is no index
configured to the database to explore data so we need configure it by making the
outdoorsports database to point to the
iss index. Go to the
Search configuration tab and click on the Edit for outdoorsports and configure the Database Index Path to
- Finally, you must increase the Default number of fields in search results summary: to 10 and click the Save icon next to it.
Everything is configured! Now we will learn how to use the Denodo Information Self-Service Tool.