First steps - Web Design Stuido
The Web Design Studio allows the development and administration of your Data Virtualization projects. Specifically, you can perform the following tasks:
- Create/Edit/Drop Denodo Virtual Databases.
- Create/Edit/Drop Data Sources.
- Create/Edit/Drop Views.
- Publish Data Services.
- Execute Queries.
- Add Extensions.
- Configure the Cache System.
- Import/Export Metadata.
- Configure the Denodo Server.
At the end of the previous section you launched the Design Studio. The first screen that the application shows is a login dialog; the credentials you type here will be used to connect to a running Denodo server.
The installation process of the Denodo Platform creates one user by default: Login: admin / Password: admin. Input these credentials now to connect to the Denodo Server.
Check the URL format:
Server (localhost):server name or IP address where Denodo is installed.
Port (9999):Denodo port number (this is the default value).
Database (admin):database name (by default, "admin" database was created at installation time).
Once you fill the login form, click on the Connect button. The Web Design Studio will show an empty admin and itpilot databases.
Now you can see the four main areas of the Web Design Studio:
- Menu Bar: where you can find the options for all the sections of the administration tool.
- Elements Tree: this panel on the left will show a tree with the different components (data sources, views, etc.) created in the database.
- Quick Search: this box allows the user to filter specific elements in the Elements Tree.
- Workspace: this is the main panel where the selected element from the Elements Tree and opened views will be shown.