The Data Catalog is a web based self service tool included in Denodo Platform that lets both technical and business users query, search and browse information and metadata stored in a Virtual DataPort server. With this tool, users can generate new knowledge and pave the way to take better decisions.
In this tutorial, we are going to show this use case:
The IT / Data department of our company has frequent requests for access to data. These requests are usually not informed as to the types and locations of company data, and usually the requests take much longer to process than is necessary due to the lack of understanding of the underlying systems by the business user.
For solving that use case, following this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Use Denodo Data Catalog for exploring the Denodo server metadata
- Learn how to build queries graphically to get data
- For Administrators only - Index data to enable Google-like user search queries
- Search for data using Google-like queries
- How to edit Data Catalog metadata: Tags & Categories
- How users can utilize the Recommendations and Collaborate in Data Catalog