Publish Web services
The Web Design studio has a Web Container Status Window for managing REST and SOAP services.
To show this window in the workspace, you have to click the
Tools > Web services container menu option.
The Web Design studio will show a table listing the Web services created in a particular Denodo Database.
The table has the following information when you choose the tutorial database from the dropdown menu (also see screenshot below):
- Name: name given to the web service.
- Type: interaction protocol of the Web service.
- Description: description given to the web service when it was created
- Status: info whether the service is deployed or not (if a data service was modified in Denodo an
- Context Path: path to the service in the Web container.
- User: the credentials of the user the service uses to run a query (if "Not required", it passes through the current credentials of the service client).
Above the table you will find buttons to call functions on selected web services:
- New: opens a wizard to create a new web service.
- Edit: opens a wizard to edit the selected web service.
- Delete: deletes the selected web services.
- Deploy: starts the web service.
- Redeploy: restarts the web service.
- Undeploy: ends the web service.
- Export: links to generate the .war and .wsdl file (if you want to deploy them in another external web container).
- Database: choose which database you want to inspect web services for.
So, let's deploy our web services. After clicking the checkboxes next to each service, click on Deploy, the table will change to reflect the new status
As you can see, the Context Path now shows the relative path of the services. The complete URIs will be:
Try to open those URLs in your browser to check if they are running correctly (remember you will need to login with a valid Denodo user to access these services
In the next section of this tutorial, you will find information about how to invoke these Data Services.